22 April 2005

Revolution

Well everyone, I know I post on this semi-sporadically, but I just thought I'd warn you that I won't be around for the week end, so don't expect anything from me till at least maybe Sunday night or so. I'm going away to a youth retreat that I'm so stoked about. This is going to be an awesome youth councils. It's all about Revolution...or as they word it on the poster for it (I can't write letters backwords here, but I'll bold them or something) Revolution. The theme verse for the weekend is a great one, Romans 12:1-2. "Therefore brothers, in light of God's mercy, offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God, this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve God's will, his good, pleasing and perfect will." What an awesome and tough verse. But it's a great one for teens in this day and age.

It's so hard to realize that we are in a war zone sometimes. That we are in enemy held territory and that we are conducting a guerrila campaign to take this from him, and bring others into the great kingdom that's coming soon. But unlike the resistance fighters in World War 2 in German occupied Europe, we don't have to worry about getting caught by the enemy, so we don't have to do our best to blend in and stay hidden and do our acts of sabotaging his work in the night. We need to been seen as defying the enemy, we need to be seen as different. We have to understand that the war was fought on a hill that's known as the place of the skull, and was one in an empty grave. Now we're just doing the mop up work and clearing out the remnants of resistance.

I'll have more to say after the weekend, but just keep this in mind - let's not be content with the status quo,we want and need nothing short of revolution now to break free from the patterns of this world.

Blessings,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home